Network marketing in India is also often known as Multi Level Marketing (MLM) or even Pyramid Marketing. For those not familiar with the concept, this marketing or business strategy involves a pyramid structured network of people. Simply put, one person joins the business and makes two other people join under him. These two people go on to join four more people and so on; thus, forming a pyramid structured network of people.
The people involved in a network marketing business aren’t salaried but rather earn money every time either they make a sale or somebody recruited under them makes a sale. This is often an excellent business opportunity for housewives, students or those looking for part-time jobs or businesses as it requires very little investment, both, time and money wise. And the returns are often very good once you have settled in and gotten used to the concept.
While some find it reliable and have earned lakhs with network marketing business in India, others have fallen prey to fraudulent companies or people. The legitimacy and reliability of multi level marketing has always been a topic of controversy.
In this article, we give you more insight into this business model and talk about its scope in India.
Network Marketing Companies in India
There are some noteworthy network marketing companies in India. One of the most well-known and reputed ones is Amway. It is also one of the largest in India and has had its presence in the country since 1995. By selling the highest quality products and employing several thousand people, the company has gained trust not just in India but also worldwide.
‘Tupperware’ is also a household name in India today. It is yet another one of the top companies following the strategy of multi-level marketing in India. With their high-quality products, the company has established a foothold in the country. More commonly taken up as a business by women, the company has helped numerous women financially support themselves.
Another example of network marketing companies in India is Oriflame. Originally a Swedish brand, its presence in India is huge. Just like Tupperware, Oriflame too, has helped earn several women a fair share for their livelihood.
Herbalife, a company selling quality health and wellness products, has a global market worth of billions of USD. It is also one of the top MLM companies in India.
The Scope of Network Marketing in India
Network Marketing business in India has emerged as a viable source of income for people in the recent few years. So, looking at the brighter side, its scope is actually pretty huge. However, like every coin has two sides, there is a flip side to this business too. Rather than calling it a flip side, we can say that you need to be extremely careful when getting yourself involved in this business.
If you do it the right way, multi level marketing in India can help you earn thousands or even lakhs. But just one wrong step can also make you lose thousands. Before delving deeper into this, let us take a look at its positive aspects first.
One positive aspect is that you need not possess any specialized knowledge to set your foot in this field. While a lot depends on how much you are able to sell and how many people you are able to convince to join with you, anyone and everyone can join network marketing companies in India.
Another positive aspect is that there isn’t a lot of time commitment involved. You can work as per your schedule or even take it up as a part-time business.
You can also begin your business by selling products to your friends and family and then getting the word out gradually. You don’t always need to go out looking for customers.
Moreover, the monetary investment for getting into network marketing in India is also, for most companies, zero.
Having discussed the positives, it is also important to take care that you do not fall prey to Ponzi schemes. Ponzi schemes are investment scams that collect funds from new investors to pay the already existing investors. These schemes give you little to no legitimate earnings and often collapse. To stay away from such schemes, it is important to remember that a Ponzi scheme ever really sells an actual product.
Network Marketing- A few Dos and Don’ts
- Research the network marketing company you want to associate with inside out. Know everything about it that you possibly can- its products, how the company works etc. Get yourself acquainted with every little thing.
- Check whether any of your friends or family are already associated with such a company. Talk to them about their experience.
- Get even the tiniest of doubts cleared before you get involved in the business. For any persisting doubts, don’t shy away from asking questions.
- Engage in a network marketing business that you believe in. If you don’t believe in the business yourself, you’ll have a hard time selling the products or convincing more people to join.
- When you step out to sell your products, make sure you know what you’re talking about.
- Be confident and believe in yourself.
- If the company doesn’t have a registered office and manufactured unit in India, stay away from it.
- If the company requires you to pay a joining fee that is more than a nominal amount, it is best to stay away. In fact, more often than not, these companies do not demand a joining fee.
- While you need to be convincing when trying to sell products, don’t try to push people to buy your product or join your business.
Scope of Network Marketing in India – Conclusion
If you follow the dos and don’ts carefully, the scope of multi level marketing in India is immense for you. Just remember to be vigilant and follow ethical network marketing practices. Once you get the knack of it, nothing can stop you from climbing up the ladder to success.
Other Blogs You Might Want to Read:
- 13 Highest Paid Jobs in India
- Life Hack: How to Win Friends and Influence People
- What is the Scope of Marketing as a Career?
- What is the Scope of Digital Marketing as a Career?
Mir is a British educated Digital Marketing Specialist with 8+years of experience in the industry. He is also a Growth Hacker of Kashmirica, a social impact brand that aims to take exclusives from Kashmir to the Global consumer.
An enthusiastic cultural entrepreneur, Mir is driven by a passion to bring about a social impact. He has a Masters in International Business from the University of Bedfordshire to his credit and has worked in leading Marketing positions at various SMEs and Startups for 8+ years.
Mir is an avid reader and loves writing about life, philosophy, marketing, entrepreneurship, and just about everything that he knows or researches.