Are you all set to give an interview for your dream digital marketing job? But you are getting jitters and are worried about what the interviewer might ask? Don’t worry as we have you covered here. In this article, I’ll share the top digital marketing interview questions and answer them for you.
Here, I’ll share the top digital marketing specialist interview questions, digital marketing job interview questions, digital marketing analyst interview questions and also digital marketing manager interview questions. So, without any more delay, let’s get right into it.
Click to Reach out to a Top Digital Marketing Consultant in Toronto?
Top 21 Digital Marketing Interview Questions Answered
General Digital Marketing Job Interview Questions
- How will you explain digital marketing?
It is an umbrella term for the various tactics/ strategies used to market a brand/ business with the help of digital channels.
- What are the different types of digital marketing?
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Search Engine Marketing (SEM)
- Social Media Marketing (SMM)
- Content Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Affiliate Marketing
- Pay per Click Advertising (PPC)
- Influencer Marketing
SEO Related Digital Marketing Analyst Interview Questions
- What is SEO? Explain.
SEO that stands for Search Engine Optimization is one of the strategies of digital marketing in which the main goal is to organically rank your web pages higher on the SERPs so that they are more visible to the searchers. Ranking higher on search engines means more quality traffic to your website.
- Explain SEO and its types in detail.
SEO basically can be categorized as- on-page and off-page. On-page SEO is all about your website and how it is optimized. When doing on-page SEO, the correct use of keywords along with its right density, title of page, heading tags, meta description, alt tags, proper URL structure, internal linking, relevant outbound links, high-quality content and a user-friendly website should be done.
Whereas, as for off-page SEO, acquiring backlinks is the main goal. These backlinks should be acquired from websites in the same niche as yours, must have good authority and good traffic. Off-page SEO also involves sharing your articles/ blogs on social channels to leverage interaction with your site.
- What are the key areas for using keywords on your webpage for maximum effect?
-Title of the page
-Heading tags (especially H1 and H2)
-Beginning paragraph of the content plus a few times between the content depending upon its word length and at the end of content
-Image Alt Tags
- What are the parameters to consider for doing keyword research? What are the various tools for keyword research?
While doing keyword research, all the keywords should be related to the main keyword. Along with relevant keywords, these keywords should also have low competition and a decent enough search volume. Tools like Google’s Keyword Planner, Ahrefs Keyword Explorer, Moz Keyword Explorer, Keywords Everywhere, UberSuggest or other such tools can be used.
- What are white hat, black hat and grey hat SEO?
White Hat SEO technique is the most popular and makes use of the most legitimate methods. White Hat SEO techniques adhere to Google’s guidelines.
Black Hat SEO techniques are illegitimate and are done by finding loopholes in Google’s algorithms. These techniques do not adhere to Google’s guidelines.
Grey Hat SEO techniques are neither completely black nor white. They are a combination of both of these.
Digital Marketing Specialist Interview Questions Related to PPC
- Explain what PPC is?
PPC or pay-per-click is a digital marketing technique in which advertisers advertise their websites for specific keywords and pay a fee to the search engine each time their ad gets clicked on.
- Explain what Google AdWords is?
Google Ads or Google Adwords is the most popular PPC advertising platform by Google. This platform will display a text ad every time a user searches for something and the business wishing to display the ad offers the same.
- How does AdWords work?
It works on the principle of bidding and whoever offers a higher bidding price has their ad displayed at the top of the search results. Similarly, the advertiser has to pay a fee every time the ad gets clicked on.
- What is Google Quality Score?
This score determines how relevant and beneficial your ad is to a user. This score can be determined from your CTR, keyword relevance and quality of your landing page. Higher your quality score, the better it is.
- How can AdWords conversion rate be improved?
Improve your overall quality score, optimize your landing pages better and match your ads properly with the keywords.
- What are some of the Google AdWords extensions?
Call extension, callout extension, review extension, sitelink, promote extension and app extensions.
- Is Google AdWords beneficial and in what cases?
Yes, it is definitely beneficial as the results can be tracked easily, it is more scalable and shows faster results. If a company has the budget then using Google AdWords is a great bet.
Digital Marketing Manager Interview Questions
- How can social media be used for marketing?
It can be used to create and share content on social media channels to increase user engagement. It can help in increasing your brand awareness, getting more traffic to your website and improving your relationship with the target audience.
- How can social media marketing success be measured?
It can precisely be measured using various tools. But the major parameters include number of followers, engagement rate, how many followers turn to your website and are converted to leads.
- How can you devise a successful email marketing campaign?
Build an email list, get to know the audience well, craft a compelling subject line, write a well-structured and attractive email body, send it out at the right time and analyze the results.
- What are some of the best practices for content marketing?
- Determine what form of content works best
- Create epic content
- Create a proper content sharing schedule
- Focus on creating data driven content
General Digital Marketing Interview Questions
- How will you deal with challenges in your digital marketing career?
This can be a trick question and your interviewer will look at your approach towards it. Think creatively here and try to suggest out of the box ideas.
- How do you stay updated in the ever evolving field of digital marketing?
Talk about the blogs that you regularly read or the ones that you have subscribed to. Also talk about the famous digital marketers whose work you follow.
- What draws you most towards the digital marketing field?
Give a completely honest answer here so as what is the driving force behind you choosing this career field and what makes you passionate about it.
Here, I shared the top 21 digital marketing interview questions. Hope these help you to ace your interview.
You can seek my Digital Marketing Services including Copywriting, SEO, Email Marketing, Automation and Social Media Marketing. Me and my team are just a message away.
Contact us today.
- The Ultimate Guide of SEO for Startups
- What is Freelancing and How to Become a Freelancer?
- The Ultimate Guide to Startup Funding
- Who is an SEO consultant & What’ll he do for you?
- Who is a Content Marketing Consultant?
- How to Become a Social Media Expert?
- How to Use Keywords in Your Content Strategically
- How to Find Secondary Keywords to Boost Your Rankings?
- How to Make an Ecommerce Marketing Plan?
- How to Find a Kickass Freelance Content Writer
Check what is in store for you on our shopping page.
Mir is a British-educated Digital Marketing Specialist with 10+ years of experience in the Marketing Industry. He has a Master’s in International Business from the University of Bedfordshire along with 10s of Digital Marketing Certifications. Having worked with multiple startups and SMEs, he has a clear understanding of what it takes to establish growth on online platforms.
He is also the Founder of Kashmirica, a social impact brand that aims to take exclusives from Kashmir to the Global consumer. An enthusiastic cultural entrepreneur, Mir is driven by a passion to bring about a social impact.
Mir is an avid reader and loves writing about life, marketing, and entrepreneurship.